Yipes, Halloween is only four weeks away and I have no idea what to be this year. Last year, I was Boogie Howser M.D. and the year before that I was Michael Phelps, but now I’m part of a couple and I’ve always thought it would be cute to be part of a “couple costume.” I found a few great ideas from The Nest here and here:
Married With Children – Al & Peggy Bundy
Great idea, but you’d really need to make sure you’re going to a party where there’s ugly couches, wouldn’t you?
Pop Rocks & Soda
Or you could do Mentos & Soda, and put on a show!
Nightmare Before Christmas – Jack & Sally
Someone should totally do a version of Ben Folds’ “Zak & Sara” about Jack and Sally.
Peanut Butter & Jelly
“We decided to make inexpensive, easy costumes last year by being Peanut Butter and Jelly. We had bread on our backs made of felt, so when we hugged we made a sandwich!”
Those are all cute, but I don’t think any of them encapsulate me and @MissBrittz (although I do love the idea of being Al Bundy). Obviously, a costume has to represent you a little bit. If you don’t like Star Wars, then you wouldn’t dress up as Darth Vader, would you? And as a couple, I think the costume should represent what the couple’s into together.
Some other couple costume ideas that have crossed my mind:
– Jim & Pam Halpert (from “The Office”)
– Red Sox fan & Yankees fan (we could stage a huge, public fight)
– Pac Man & Ms. Pac-Man (“Act 2: They Meet”)
– Inception (is it your dream, or is it mine?)
– Woody & Bo Peep (Toy Story)
– Superman & Wonder Woman (I just want to see her in that oufit…)
– Peter Pan & Tinkerbell (or any Disney couple, really)
– The Dish & The Spoon
– Mario & Princess Daisy (or a group costume with Luigi, Bowser, etc!)
– Winnie The Pooh & Jar Of Honey
– Kanye West & Taylor Swift
– Justin Bieber & Kim Kardashian
– “Glee” (group costume, anyone?)
Do you have a great couple costume idea? Leave a comment!