What you need:
- Bag of Nestle chocolate chips
- Double-boiler (or put a metal mixing bowl/pot on top of a pot of boiling water)
- Spoon (or something to spread/smooth chocolate with)
- Round pan
- Toppings of your choice (i.e. white chocolate chips, peanut butter cups, M&Ms)
How to make chocolate pizza:
1. Set up a double-boiler, since chocolate will burn otherwise. If you don’t have one, you can MacGyver one by putting a metal bowl (or smaller pot) on top of a pot with boiling water in it.
2. Pour the bag of Nestle chocolate chips into the top bowl/pot. Let it melt the chocolate chips into a creamy liquid, occasionally stirring.
3. Spray a round pan with PAM Cooking Spray. We used a 9″ pan.
4. Pour the chocolate into the round pan. Smooth it into a round circle using a spoon or anything similar.
5. Add any toppings you want — we used white chocolate chips, cinnamon chips, and mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups.
6. Let it cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
7. Remove the chocolate pizza from the pan using a fork or spatula onto a plate or serving tray. Cut the pizza into slices — at 30 minutes in the fridge, it’s cooled/solidified enough to be a “pizza” but not so solid it’s difficult to cut. A knife or a pizza cutter will work.
8. Place back in fridge for 30 minutes.
9. Then serve. And enjoy.
It came out DELICIOUS. We want to experiment with brownie or cookie crusts soon, but next we’re going to attempt to make stuffed crust chocolate pizza… YUM!