From 2005-2008, I recorded three holiday albums titled Deaf The Halls for HOT 107.9’s Marty & Shannon in the Morning, plus a best-of collection with bonus tracks. Best of? Despite shout-outs from Dr. Elmo (“Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer”) and Weird Al Yankovic (the king of parodies), it was truly some terrible music. But it was funny.
I can’t sing. I can barely rap. Yes, I’m hard-of-hearing, and sometimes I can’t tell just how off-pitch, off-key and off-beat I am… but I know it’s bad. So bad it’s funny. I’m well aware of how ridiculous this is/was, but I thought it’d be fun to revisit and share with anyone in the mood for a chuckle this holiday season:
DEAF THE HALLS, REVISITED: Holiday Songs by DeafGeoff
1. “Deaf The Halls, Part Deux” (parody of Mystikal’s “Shake Ya Ass”)
2. “Do You Hear What I Hear?”
3. “Ho Ho Ho” feat. Marty & Sugarcane (parody of Hurricane Chris’ “Ay Bay Bay”)
4. “Jingle Bell Rock”
5. “Last Christmas”
6. “Party Like Santa Claus” (parody of Shop Boyz’ “Party Like A Rockstar”)
7. “Rockin’ Around The Christmas Tree”
8. “Silent Night”
9. “The Chipmunk Song” feat. Marty & Shannon
10. “Toy Lockdown” (parody of Kanye West’s “Love Lockdown”)
[ Click here to download all 10 songs in mp3 format ]
Oh, and there were also a few music videos:
Merry Chrismukkah and Happy Festivus (for the rest of us).